Saturday, July 14, 2012

5 Reasons Why I Love Being Lighter


5 Reasons Why I Love Being Lighter

I am celebrating 52 lbs gone, gotten rid of, goodbye, don't want to ever see you again. GONE! I didn't "lose 52 lbs" because "lost" implies I am looking to find them, which I am not. I don't ever, ever want to see that weight again.

I've taken on a this attempt at getting rid of my weight, but I had no idea how much better I'd feel about myself. Thank G-d, I am in a much more positive place in my life, but I cannot take it as a given. Every day is a blessing, every pound I lose is a blessing, and I cannot take it for granted!

So, here is a short list of things I love about being 52 lbs lighter. I hope it serves as a reminder to me if I ever think of stopping with my program or going back to the way I was.

  1. I love that when I look in the mirror these days, I actually like what I see. In 31 years, this hardly ever happened.
  2. I love that there is hardly any chub sticking out on my back anymore.
  3. I love that I can wear those cute platform and wedge shoes comfortably. Last year, I tried to put them on and almost tipped over. My knees hurt me after 5 minutes on putting them on in the house.
  4. I love that I feel comfortable looking at people. I wasn't comfortable looking people in the eyes before because I was embarrassed of how I looked.

There are so many more things I love about being lighter, but this is a preliminary list. I'd like to write up these lists every now and then, to inspire myself and others. We are worth investing in ourselves because our value increases everyday! (you can quote me on that last part!)

No comments:

Post a Comment